Thursday, December 26, 2013

Simple, sweet and flowery

Happy Christmas! I hope you had a wonderful holiday, whether it was quiet and contemplative or busy and boisterous. I visited with family on Christmas Eve and Day, ate too much delicious food and opened presents from Santa (including new Legos to add to Snowburg!). Of course with all the festivities the past few days, I haven't had time for crafting, but I do have one little card to share that I made a few weeks ago. It's simple, sweet and flowery -- three of my favorite things.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Cardstock: Rose Red, Night of Navy
Accessories: Gingham Garden washi tape, Pansy punch, 1-1/4" scallop circle punch, corner rounder, large pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I needed four quick thank-you cards, and with no stamping required this 3" x 3" design was the perfect option. Two pieces of washi tape and a few punches were all I needed. For a little dimension I curled up the edges on the flower and scallop circle shapes and then placed a large pearl in the middle of the flower.

This would be a fun design to use for a set of cards; you could use different color combinations, change the washi tape or use strips Designer Series Paper instead. You could even make this as a 3" x 3" panel to layer on a larger card. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: