Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Moving Day 2

That title isn't technically accurate. Last Saturday was more like Moving Day 7 since we had made several small trips over the past couple of weeks. But it was our second big moving day and the one that involved transporting all of our heavy, unwieldy furniture.

I had stayed up all night Friday night -- literally all night, although I think I zoned out for a couple of minutes when I sat down to eat something -- trying to pack. (By the end I was pretty much throwing things in bags and boxes. And we still didn't get everything.) So when my dad and uncle discovered they had to take apart my desk because it wouldn't fit through the doorway, I was about ready to call it quits. There were other glitches here and there, but I think we all made it through the day more or less unscathed.

You may notice that we don't have any living room furniture yet. Well, furniture to sit on, anyway. We gave away the old couch we had, and we haven't decided what we want to buy yet. So for the meantime we're either sitting on the floor or on a couple of old director's chairs. It's not the most convenient, but it's probably for the best. I have no idea where we would have put all this stuff we just dropped in the living room.

Last night we made our final moving trip to get all the food and cooking supplies we had left in the kitchen when we ran out of energy on Saturday. We aren't really done yet, though. We still have to donate or sell quite a few things and clean the apartment. And then we will be finally, officially and completely moved. Unpacked is another story.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: