Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happy thoughts. Happy thoughts.

Did you ever have to tackle an unpleasant task, and it seemed as if no matter how much work you did there was always more to do? That pretty much sums up how I feel about packing. I'm convinced that things must be multiplying in our drawers and closets because although I keep filling box after box, there's always more stuff. Jinkies.

To save a bit of my sanity I decided to take a break and share a card with you.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Sending Happy Thoughts
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple
Ink: Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals
Accessories: 1-3/8" square punch, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, gray brad (unknown), Dimensionals

This sentiment seems appropriate, doesn't it? I may have to start a mantra: Happy thoughts. Happy thoughts.

To make the background I stamped a full sheet of Very Vanilla card stock with the flowers and leaves. I cut the sheet into four 4" by 5-1/4" pieces and made four of the same cards. For each card I separately stamped and cut out a Primrose Petals flower and a Summer Starfruit flower used Dimensionals to adhere them to a stamped square matted with Gumball Green card stock. The greeting is punched out with the Word Window punch and matted with Raspberry Ripple card stock punched with the Modern Label punch.

This is actually the last of the cards I made before packing up my stamping supplies. So I may have to look through the pictures of my pre-blog creations to find some things to share with you in my upcoming posts. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: