Thursday, December 28, 2023

Christmas ornaments

Happy holidays! I've clearly fallen behind on my blog posting this month. The couple of weeks before Christmas felt crazy, school was in session until Dec. 22, and I couldn't seem to get anything done. Now this week I've been lazy and doing as little as possible: lounging in my pajamas, reading, napping, etc. Maybe next week, with the new year, I'll start to get back into more of a "normal" routine. But for now, here is a quick post to share some Christmas ornaments I made.


The base of the ornaments (thin wooden circles) and the twine are from a craft store. I painted the ornament bases with acrylic paint -- at least two coats for each ornament -- and then splattered them with gold watercolor. (The background of the candle ornaments is more red in person; the photo came out very orange.)


While the bases were drying, I used a couple of die sets and various card stock colors to die cut different focal images. I know the mushrooms aren't very Christmas-y, but they were a special request from a friend. And I actually kept one of those ornaments because I really like how they turned out. :)


I adhered the die-cut pieces to the ornaments with liquid glue and foam tape. I used a permanent marker to write "Happy holidays" or "Merry Christmas" on the back, along with my name and the year. The last step was to add on the twine.

I actually made a second batch of ornaments with different colors and images, but I finished them at the very last minute, so I didn't get to take any photos. But the basic materials and process are the same. These also would be fun to make for other holidays or occasions -- or even to use as gift tags,

The next thing I have to share will probably be the desk calendars I made; I'm just not exactly sure when that will be. So thanks for stopping by, and if I'm not back before the end of the year, I hope you have a magical, marvelous new year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute and fun ornaments Andrea! And what a clever idea! You've given mean idea for NEXT Christmas...or maybe I won't wait that long! Happy New Year to you too!
Sunshine.

Lorraine said...

They really came out great. I love the mushrooms too.

Anonymous said...

They are wonderful! Thank you for sharing the idea. I'm late to the comments here, hope you are having a great start to the new year.
Judy