Thursday, January 4, 2024

2024 calendars: gel prints and quotes

Happy new year! I'm on my last few days of before I head back to school, and I've been busy in the craft room. I'm been focused on finishing up a bunch of card kits that have been hanging around (I used one for my January Christmas cards!), and yesterday I spent the day making gel press prints. But before I get too far ahead of myself, I still need to share the 2024 calendars I made as Christmas gifts.

I made eight different desk calendars for 2024, but I had six different designs, so I'm going to split them into multiple posts. Today I'm going to share the calendars I made using gel press prints and various quotes.

The first two calendars feature quotes from authors. I used the same basic layouts and quotes, but I switched the order of some of the quotes so I decided to include both versions in the pictures. Each photo has four calendar pages, two per month (e.g., January A, January B, February A, and February B). The die-cut quotes are attached with foam tape, and each page is embellished with three coordinating sequins.






For the third gel print calendar, I used quotes from the TV show "Friends." My sister and I love "Friends," and we often quote lines from the show to each other. So this seemed like a perfect theme for her calendar. (The downside is that the font is very small, so you might not be able to read all of the quotes in the photos.) I decided to stamp these images/quotes directly on the gel prints and then emboss them. Again, I finished each page with three coordinating sequins.





I know I didn't provide too many details (trying to keep this post from getting even longer), so if you have any questions, just leave a comment below.

Stay tuned for two more calendars in my next post. Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That's a lot of work in all those amazing calendars! The backgrounds are so cool, I cannot pick a favourite!
I am sure the recipients each loved their calendar!
Such a great idea for a gift!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I don't think I could pick a favorite, either. :)