Saturday, January 6, 2024

2024 calendars: scrapbook collage

As promised I'm back with two more 2024 desk calendars to share. The calendars I shared in my last post, made with gel print backgrounds, were clean and simple designs. For the collage-style calendars I'm sharing today, I used products from two 49 and Market scrapbooking collections: Nature Study (which coordinates with the card set I made a few months ago) and Spectrum Gardenia.

For the Nature Study calendar, I used the patterned card stock in the 6" x 8" Collection Pack for the bases. I cut six sheets in half to make twelve 4" x 6" pages. To embellish the pages, I used the General Laser Cut Elements. I also happened to have some washi tape with vintage postage-style images that happened to coordinate pretty well, so I added a couple of those "stamps" on each page. The final touch was colored enamel dots.




From the soft style and muted colors of Nature Study, we switch to bright hues and bold images in the Spectrum Gardenia collection. (And I love both styles equally.) I cut the 4" x 6" base pages from the card stock in the 12" x 12" Classics Collection Pack and then used the Ephemera Bits and Postage Washi Roll for accents. I embellished the pages with -- surprise! -- sequins.




And that's two more calendars down! I'll have one more post with my last two designs, and then we'll move on to other projects. If you have any questions about the calendars, just leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Andrea, these calendars are beautiful! I love them all!
The Nature ones reminded me of my sisters farm she had. I used to graze my horse there, and my sister also had horses, as she was breeding them. I can remember times when we would ride over her farm which had lot's of bush. There were wild Foxgloves growing everywhere, as well as toadstools, just like you have on your Nature calendars! There was also many different ferns and big fallen logs we would jump our horses over. Little streams and a bigger much wider creek we would walk our horses into, or take a quick swim in if it was hot enough! Your calendars bought back so many happy memories of time spent with my sister, and riding our horses. Sadly my sister passed away in tragic circumstances a few years ago, but the happy memories remain.
Lot's of work in your beautiful calendars!
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Sunshine! I’m so sorry about your sister, but I’m glad that my project helped you relive some happy memories!