Monday, January 29, 2024

Gel print session

Well I started out the month doing pretty well with my blog posts and then I completely lost my momentum. I've been working on some crafty projects, but I don't have too much ready to share yet. So for tonight it's a short post with a couple of pictures from my last gel printing session.


During my winter break I set aside one day to do gel printing. I cleared as much as I could off my work tables (so I had a lot of flat space to set prints for drying), set out my supplies, and got started. Above is a picture early in the day, and below is a shot after I finished all the prints.


For my prints I use packs of gel print paper from Taylored Expressions. There are 50 sheets in a pack, and I usually use a whole pack each session; since everything is set up, I just keep printing. Then I have plenty of prints for card backgrounds, collages, and any other projects.

Thanks for stopping by -- and I hope to be back soon with some cards!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That's a lot of gel prints! That was a good idea to mass produce them, then you have them ready when you need them! My fave one is in the first photo, the blue and white one at the bottom right, next to a green print. I love that colour and it reminds me of some white fluffy clouds! My mind conjures up lot's of ideas for cards! Hope you are keeping warm - I can send you some sunshine as we have plenty right now!
Take care,
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thank you so much Sunshine! I actually added another layer to that blue-and-white print and made it into an Easter card.