Tuesday, January 9, 2024

2024 calendars: back to basics

Drum roll please ... here are the final two designs of my 2024 desk calendars. (If you missed the previous posts, I also made calendars with gel print backgrounds and in a collage style with scrapbooking products.) For these two designs I kind of went back to basics.

For the first design I cut sheets of white card stock into quarter sheets (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") and used various stamp sets to create the backgrounds. I splattered the backgrounds with metallic watercolor paint and matted each calendar page on coordinating card stock. I made two calendars in this design (they were basically identical, so I only took pictures of one), and they probably took me the longest -- I have a lot of stamps to choose from!




This final calendar was, in fact, the last calendar I made. I think it was Dec. 23, so I needed something quick and I was out of ideas. Finally I decided to pull out some 3" x 4" cards from a pocket scrapbooking kit. I chose a different patterned card for each month and six colors of coordinating card stock. I matted each card with card stock (using each color for two months), adhered the calendar in the middle of each page and then finished with a different embellishment.



I do like how this calendar turned out, but I still feel like it's too simple. Oh, well. I'll try to plan better for my holiday projects this year so I don't get so crunched for time.

And speaking of holiday projects, I do have my January Christmas cards done! I'll share those in my next post. Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, these are so pretty! That's a lot of hours you've put in to making these calendars Andrea! I do hope all the recipients appreciate what you have made:-) It's so humid here now, it just wear me out. Hope you are well:)
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Sunshine! I don't envy you the humidity, but I do wish our temperature was a little warmer - we've (finally) got some cold winter weather.