Saturday, January 13, 2024

January Christmas cards: outline stickers

After Christmas I used some of my time off work to make cards with a bunch of kits I had in my craft room. One of the kits was designed for Christmas cards, but I didn't like the suggested layouts, so I used some of the supplies to create my own designs.

One of the main components of the kit was gold outline stickers. I chose to use the sheets with stars and snowflakes for my cards, and I tucked away the other two sticker sheets to use on the envelopes next Christmas. Starting with the largest star stickers, I adhered them to different shades of blue card stock (also from the kit) and carefully cut them out. I did the same for the medium and small stars. For the snowflakes I adhered the stickers to the blue card stock and then punched them out with circle punches (3/4", 1" and 1-1/4"). I had enough pieces for four cards of each style.

For the card bases I embossed a large script word using gold sparkle embossing powder in the lower right corner of a panel of white card stock. I splattered gold shimmer paint on the panels and then added the blue stars/snowflakes with foam tape. I placed more stickers directly on the panels, added a dark blue brad in the upper left corner, and finished the sentiments with a sentiment strip. I attached the panels to layers of gold card stock and then adhered them to white card bases.

I still had more snowflake and star stickers left, so I included some inside the cards as well. I have to admit that I didn't have high expectations for these cards when I started, but I'm really pleased with the way they turned out. And now I have my first eight cards ready for next Christmas! 

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look like fun to make Andrea! I've ever tried card kits, but they do look good! Might give it a go one time! I love the stars/snowflakes on the inside of the cards too! Loads of fun, and you have made a great start on your Christmas cards!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! Sometimes I like to start with a kit to help me focus if I’m not sure what to make. As it happens, I had a bunch of kits passed on to me, so I’ve been using them more than usual.