Friday, December 8, 2023

Happy Hanukkah

I kindled my eight little candles,
   My Hanukkah candles, and lo!
Fair visions and dreams half-forgotten
    Were rising of years long ago.

- Philip M. Raskin, "Hanukkah Lights"

I created this menorah using the Essentials Arches dies from Ellen Hutson. I taped several of the dies together so there was even spacing between them and then ran them through my Big Shot with shimmery white card stock. I ended up with several skinny arch outlines that I trimmed and glued together to make the menorah. Each arch die also cuts out a very narrow frame, which I used for the candles. I used alcohol markers to color the candles two different shades of blue.

In addition to the shimmery white card stock, I added sparkle to the background by splattering metallic watercolor paint over a blue ink-blended rectangle and used a gold gel pen to draw the candle flames. I finished the card with a simple sentiment strip.

Wishing everyone who celebrates a holiday filled with peace, love, and light. Happy Hanukkah!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fab card Andrea! Using the arches dies was perfect! I really like the words too, both sets of words!
I can imagine how sparkly the card is!
Such a 'clean' card, which I really like.
Sunshine.