Thursday, October 25, 2018

Floral silhouettes card set

I'm off to craft weekend this afternoon, so I have a quick post today. That's fitting because I'm going to share a set of cards that was pretty quick to make.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Mango Melody, Lovely Lipstick, Granny Apple Green, Island Indigo, Basic Black card stock; alcohol ink card stock (YUPO)
Ink: Alcohol inks: Sunset Orange, Sunshine Yellow, Honeycomb; Aqua, Denim, Stream; Meadow, Lettuce, Botanical; Cranberry, Wild Plum, Eggplant (all Ranger)
Accessories: Wildflowers Thinlits (Sizzix - Tim Holtz), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter), foam tape (3M), alcohol ink applicator (Ranger)

For each background I chose three similar shades of alcohol ink and applied a few drops of each color to a felt pad on an alcohol ink applicator tool. Then I dabbed the ink all over a piece of alcohol ink card stock. (Tip: When you need more felt pieces, instead of buying the refill pads, save some money by just buying a large piece of felt and cutting it into small pieces.)

Once I was happy with the colors, I arranged and adhered the die-cut silhouette flowers. I layered each focal piece on black card stock, leaving just a narrow border of the black. I used foam tape to add each piece on a bright coordinating card stock base. And that's it!

The friend who received this card set liked them so much she decided to frame them and hang them in her office. I'm going to keep that idea in mind, and maybe next time I'll just make home decor pieces. Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Sunshine. said...

Oh wow! These are great Andrea! I just love all the different colours! The alcohol backgrounds are so pretty and you matched the colours well! I think the Wildflower die cuts look awesome in black! Well done:-)
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com