Saturday, October 13, 2018

Here's the scoop

Happy birthday to me! Yep, today is my birthday, and I'm spending the day crafting -- and craft shopping! -- with my best crafty buddy. We even turned it into a little girls' weekend because, why not? In honor of my big day, here are a couple of sweet birthday cards.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Here's the Scoop (Concord & 9th)
Paper: Soft Sky, Whisper White card stock; Happy Day paper pad (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Soft Sky, Memento Tuxedo Black, black journaling pen
Accessories: Here's the Scoop dies (Concord & 9th), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, red sequins (unknown), Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Mono Multi liquid glue

I love this yummy-looking sundae image, but I didn't feel like coloring it. So instead I decided to do some paper piecing. I used a paper pad so all the paper colors and patterns coordinated. Then I added a small banner and sentiment to the bowl.

For the card base I repeatedly stamped a large sentiment using Soft Sky ink and card stock, so it created a subtle tone-on-tone background. I doodled a border around the edge, and I love how it coordinates with the lines in the main image. I adhered the sundae to the middle of the card with Dimensionals, and Wink of Stella on the cherry and banner -- along with three red sequins -- added just a little sparkle.


Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Here's the Scoop (Concord & 9th)
Paper: Soft Sky, Whisper White card stock; Happy Day paper pad (My Mind's Eye); Wood designer card stock paper (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Soft Sky, Memento Tuxedo Black, black journaling pen, Mocha Stampin' Blendabilities marker
Accessories: Here's the Scoop dies (Concord & 9th), Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Stickles (Ranger), red enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet), Bitty Banner punch, Dimensionals, Mono Multi liquid glue

This is kind of a stepped-up version of the previous card: same images, papers and colors, but just a little more "stuff." For this card I added some chocolate syrup to my sundae. (There's a special squiggly stamp in the set that creates the lines for the syrup - cool!) I wanted the syrup to be opaque, so first I colored over it a few times with a dark brown alcohol marker. Then I covered it with Stickles glitter glue.

I used another Soft Sky card base, but for this background I stamped along the left edge with a sprinkle image and  added a strip of white card stock stamped with a few repeating sentiments. Below the sundae I placed an oval of woodgrain-patterned paper to look like a shadow. I used red enamel dots in place of sequins and added a little banner to the upper right corner. Almost good enough to eat!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you! Hope it's a great day.
Love the cards. There are so many techniques/ideas I forget about some. I haven't done paper piecing for a long time - it works so great for these cards. Thanks for the reminder of the technique.
Judy

Sunshine. said...

Hope you had a great Birthday Andrea! Sounds like you had lot's of fun:-) These cards are making me hungry! It's breakfast time here for me, (7.50 am), but I want to eat those ice cream sundaes!! Love the way you used the patterned papers for the scoops of ice cream:-) Love both the cards!
Have an awesome weekend,
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy and Sunshine! It was a fun birthday!😁