Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Fiesta llamas

I can't believe how quickly October has flown by. It's always a little bittersweet to see the end of this month. I love everything about autumn, but all the family birthdays and activities combined with the crafty things I want to do on top of working and keeping up with everyday chores and responsibilities all make me feel like there's barely time to breathe. So the beginning of November gives me a little time to relax -- until the craziness starts again with Thanksgiving.

But before I start fretting about the holidays, I've got loads of birthday cards to share. I'll get the ball rolling with a couple of llamas who are ready to party ... I mean, fiesta.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Birthday Fiesta
Paper: 80-lb white cover card stock (Cougar); Llama Love paper pad (Craft Smith); Orchid Opulence, Lemon Lime Twist, Cucumber Crush card stock
Ink: Tranquil Tide
Accessories: All Year Cheer washi tape, copper sequins (Craft Medley), Dimensionals, clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, Skinny Mini Party Borders dies

This is a larger card (5" x 7") that I made for my sister's 40th birthday. A big birthday requires a big card, right?

I started with the panel at the top of the card, which was one of the pre-printed designs in the Llama Love paper pad. There were two pages with this design, so I cut the first page into a square. With the second page I fussy cut the llamas and used Dimensionals to attach them over the llamas on the first page. I spruced up the background with a few die-cut streamers and copper sequins.

For the bottom part of the card front I used another pattern from the same paper pad. I covered the seam between the two papers with copper washi tape, which I also added to the end of a banner stamped with a sentiment. It's hard to see in the photo, but I also added a little sparkle by painting Wink of Stella glitter on the llamas' blanket and collar.

Here's a peek at the inside of the card. I couldn't leave the inside just plain white, so I added a few more purple and green streamers along the top.

I mailed this card to my sister at work so she had something fun to put on her desk. Fiesta llamas have to make the worst day at work at least a little better!

I also wanted to wish everyone a happy and safe Halloween! It's a pretty quiet holiday in our household. We have a few decorations up and treats to hand out to any kids who come to our door. (We did have one little trick-or-treater already. He was dressed as a Paw Patrol character, and his dad was teaching him how to knock on the door and say "Trick or treat!" So cute!) And we'll probably spend the evening watching some a paranormal- or ghost-themed show on TV. I didn't make any Halloween cards this year -- although I have some really cute Halloween stamp -- so I'll have to make that a goal for next year.

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Sunshine. said...

Cute Llamas'! I bet your sister loved the card! And yes! I can see the sparkle on the Llamas' blanket and collar! Love all the colours:-)
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine!