Saturday, February 11, 2017

Animal valentines and a Meals on Wheels recap

Whew! We made it to the last blog post featuring the Valentine's Day cards I made for our local Meals on Wheels organization. Today's cards are for the birds -- or, more accurately, the cats, bears and fish.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Critters in the 'Burbs (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: 110-lb Solar White card stock (Neenah Paper), Into the Woods Designer Series Paper (DSP), DSP Patterns Stack - Brights, Neutrals DSP Stack, Real Red card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Old Olive, Project Life journaling pen
Accessories: Critters in the 'Burbs Lawn Cuts dies (Lawn Fawn), hearts border punch, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

I didn't want to spend a lot of time coloring images while I was mass-producing cards, so rather than stamp these images on white card stock, I stamped them on different pieces of DSP, cut them out with coordinating dies and adhered them to the card base. I added three tiny punched hearts to the tree to make it a bit more Valentine-y. I stamped the grass images as a last-minute edition after everything else was finished, and I think I should have tried to add some between the tree and the cat; it looks a little bit empty there.

Inside the card I wished the recipient a "purr-fect" Valentine's Day.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Thankful Forest Friends, Trees Company (Raisin Boat)
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White card stock; red glimmer paper
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Small heart punch, 2-1/2" circle punch, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, paper-piercing mat and tool, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

This was actually the last card design I created, and I was seriously running out of steam at the time. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, so I was thrilled when I realized the bear from Thankful Forest Friends looked like he could "hold" a punched heart. And I even had the perfect sentiment to coordinate: "Bear hugs!"

The size of this card is 3" x 4" so I could maximize the 12" x 12" sheets of Kraft card stock.

Naturally I wanted to continue my trend of adding a pun inside the card, so I wished the recipient a "beary" great Valentine's Day.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Fish Frolics, Fintastic Friends (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red card stock
Ink: Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Stardust Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)
Accessories: Hearts border punch, Dimensionals, Mono Multi liquid glue, Glue Dots

This card is probably my least favorite of all the designs. I think the layout is okay, but I'm not sure I like the colors. I wanted bright colors, so I went with a classic red-yellow-blue combo. It's not bad; I'm just not crazy about it.

I colored the white parts of the fish with a glitter pen to add a little sparkle and used three small red hearts as bubbles. Inside the card? I stamped "Happy Valentine's Day and wrote a note that said, "Sending fishes for a special day."

So that's it. I've shared all the designs for the one hundred cards I made and donated to a local Meals on Wheels organization. It took a fair amount of time, but it was worth it to see how excited the community center employees were when I dropped off the cards. And I hope they bring a little happiness to each of the recipients. If you missed any of the previous card designs and want to check them out, here is a list of the posts with links:
From a calendar to valentines (Jan. 26, 2017)
Stuck on You (Feb. 2, 2017)
Pizza My Heart (Feb. 8, 2017)
Masculine valentines (Feb. 11, 2017)

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Love all your valentines cards, but my fave one is is the cat one, of course!
I am sure all the recipients of your cards loved and appreciated them:-)
Sunshine, New Zealand
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com