Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Three last valentines

Happy day-after Valentine's Day! I had wanted to share these last Valentine's Day cards before the holiday, but obviously that didn't happen. So instead, consider these cards your first inspiration for next year's valentines.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Sealed with Love
Paper: Coastal Cabana, Whisper White card stock; Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Real Red
Accessories: Love Notes Framelits dies, Stitched Frames Framelits dies, Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen, Brights enamel shapes, Candy Cane Lane Baker's twine, Mono Multi liquid glue, Glue Dots

After making one hundred valentines for Meals on Wheels, I didn't have much time (or motivation) to make my own valentines. But I did want to try out my new Sealed with Love stamp set and Love Notes Framelits dies from the Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalog. I pulled out the retired Fresh Prints DSP stack, some coordinating card stock and embellishments and created these two cards. For the first card I die cut hearts from four different prints, glued them to Whisper White stitched squares, and arranged the pieces on a square card base. (Tip: I made my card base 4-1/4" square, so it will still fit in an A2-sized envelope.) For the second card I cut the heart border along the right edge of the card and added a piece of DSP for the background. For the focal point I stamped a sentiment on a white stitched circle, added two DSP "tails" and adhered it to the card base with Dimensionals. I used Wink of Stella on both cards to add a little sparkle.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Real Red card stock; Fresh Prints DSP Stack
Ink: White gel pen
Accessories: Hearts die (Sizzix), Delicate White Doilies, linen thread, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

While all the valentine supplies were out and all over the craft table, I decided to make one more card and use up some leftover DSP scraps. I cut several strips in different patterns to 4-1/8" long and then arranged them on a white card base to make a background. I die cut a Real Red heart (putting to use my Sizzix Hearts die, another new product for me) and matted it with a white doily. The doily was a bit too large for the heart, so I gathered it in a few places as I adhered it to the back of the heart. A linen thread bow and faux stitching finish off this card.

That's it for my Valentine's Day cards. I promise. Now I have to get back in the craft room so I can work on my stash of everyday cards.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment