Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Pizza My Heart

Sorry I haven't been posting much the last couple of weeks. I was really focused on trying to finish all my valentines for Meals on Wheels. And last Sunday I managed to do just that. I wasn't sure I'd get to a hundred cards, but I did. I dropped them off at the local community center on Monday afternoon, and the staff was excited to get them. I'll be sharing the rest of my card designs in my next few posts, and today's card features an adorable heart-shaped pizza.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Pizza My Heart (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Whisper White note cards and envelopes, So Saffron card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Delightful Dijon, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Cucumber Crush, Cajun Craze, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray
Accessories: Dimensionals

I love this stamp set and how you can add whatever toppings you like. For my pizza, I stamped it on So Saffron card stock, colored the crust with Delightful Dijon and Crumb Cake (I used one color first and then colored over that with the second), used a Real Red marker to draw a line around the edge to represent sauce, and then stamped the toppings: cheese (Crushed Curry), pepperoni (Cajun Craze), mushrooms (Crumb Cake) and peppers (Cucumber Crush).  Icut out the pizza and adhered it to a white note card with Dimensionals.

 To finish the layout I stamped the sentiment, a few red hearts and a pizza cutter, which I colored Real Red, Basic Gray and Smoky Slate. Inside the card I stamped "Happy Valentine's Day" and wrote a note that wished the recipient a special day "no matter how you slice it." Hee.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: