Saturday, February 25, 2017

The first spring flowers

Last week we had a stretch of spring-like weather that made me want to pull out some flower stamps:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Fresh Cut Florals (WPlus9 Design Studio), Delicate Details
Paper: Thick Whisper White card stock
Ink: So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Always Artichoke,Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Gold sequins (The Makery), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Dimensionals

I love the style and variety of flower images in this stamp set -- and I also bought another coordinating set, so I have plenty of flowers to mix and match. I only used a couple of flowers on this card because I didn't want to get overwhelmed, but it definitely looks like spring. Though if I were to make this card again, I think I would use a different green; Always Artichoke seems a bit too dark here.

I wanted to add some detail behind the floral panel, so I used my new Delicate Details set from Sale-a-Bration. I used Wisteria Wonder ink for both of the images, but for the larger lace on the bottom I stamped on scratch paper first to lighten the ink. I love that extra little feminine touch.

We've settled back into winter the last few days, at least in terms of temperature. But it doesn't seem so bad now because I know that honest-to-goodness spring is just around the corner. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Pretty card! You are welcoming in Spring, while over here in New Zealand, I am welcoming in Autumn!
Have a great week:-)
Sunshine New Zealand
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com