Thursday, February 2, 2017

Stuck on You

I'm back with another design for my Meals on Wheels Valentine's Day cards:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Stuck on You (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red card stock
Ink: Cucumber Crush, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Stuck on You Lawn Cuts dies (Lawn Fawn), hearts border punch, google eyes (unknown), Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

There really isn't anything complicated here. I stamped the cactus and pot, then die cut them and glued them together. I added a small punched heart in one of the cactus's arms and two google eyes on its trunk. I adhered it to a white note card base with Dimensionals and stamped the sentiment below the image.

I really like to make clean and simple cards, and this one definitely fits the bill. But part of me wonders if this is too clean and simple. Does it need a border? More embellishment? Something else? I don't know if I'll have time to go back and enhance this batch of cards -- I'm hoping to make fifty more cards by Monday -- but if I do, I may have to give it a little oomph.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: