Sunday, June 14, 2015

Garden in Bloom set sampler

One day last week I came home from work to find a box filled with Stampin' Up! goodies on my front porch. Yippee! One of the things I was excited to try out was the new Garden in Bloom stamp set. Originally I wasn't going to get this set because I have so, so many flower stamp sets. But I love flowers and flower stamp sets, so ... I caved.

I wanted to try out some different colors and layouts with the Garden in Bloom images, so I made a little set sampler: four one-layer cards that also use the sentiments from the set Four You and the Simply Scored tool.

Card made with Garden in Bloom and Four You stamp sets.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Garden in Bloom, Four You
Paper: 110-lb white card stock (Recollections)
Ink: Hello Honey, Delightful Dijon, Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow, Soft Suede
Accessories: Simply Scored tool, Vintage Photo Distressed Stickles (Ranger), gold sequin trim, Glue Dots

I think this card is my favorite of the four; I love this combination of colors. I added a little sparkle by applying some Stickles glitter glue to the middle of the flowers and adding three gold sequins. With the Simply Scored tool I made a debossed (indented) border on this card. I used the stylus to make a score line 1/4" from the edge all around the card, skipping over the parts where the stamped image crossed the score line.

Card made with Garden in Bloom and Four You stamp sets.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Garden in Bloom, Four You
Paper: 110-lb white card stock (Recollections)
Ink: Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, Baked Brown Sugar, Soft Suede
Accessories: Simply Scored tool, Blushing Bride sequin trim, Glue Dots

For this card I used the same flower as the first card, but without the outline part of the image. I also used the flower bud image to fill in the white space. (Both layers of the flower bud are stamped in Calypso Coral; the bottom layer is stamped on scratch paper first to get a lighter shade.) I added three Blushing Bride sequins around the sentiment and used the Simply Scored tool to add an embossed border 1/4" from the edge all around the card.

Clean and simple card made with Garden in Bloom and Four You stamp sets.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Garden in Bloom, Four You
Paper: 110-lb white card stock (Recollections)
Ink: Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Simply Scored tool, White Perfect Accents

This layout would work for just about any occasion by changing the sentiment. In fact, it would make a quick and easy card set by doing a group of cards with a variety of colors and/or sentiments. For a simple embellishment I added the new White Perfect Accents as the flower centers. For the border on this card, I made the score line across the top of the card and then partially down each side, stopping about 1-1/2" from the bottom of the card.

Clean and simple card made with Garden in Bloom and Four You stamp sets.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Garden in Bloom, Four You
Paper: 110-lb white card stock (Recollections)
Ink: Hello Honey, Calypso Coral, Marina Mist, Baked Brown Sugar, Soft Suede
Accessories: Simply Scored Tool, pearls

For something other than flowers, I used the butterfly image to make this birthday card. I stamped the first layer of the butterflies in Hello Honey, Calypso Coral, and Marina Mist. Then I stamped the darker layer in Baked Brown Sugar and the outline in Soft Suede for each one. A couple of pearls, a sentiment, and an embossed border are the finishing touches.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sweet Paper Bliss said...

Love this selection of cards made with this set. I wasn't going to buy this one either, but glad I did. Thanks for the inspiration. Bernie

Scrappin' Cat! said...

All your cards are beautiful. Love how different each one looks, but all from one set. Great job. TFS!!