Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Simple washi tape card set

Recently a friend mentioned to me that she was almost out of the handmade cards I had given her. Well, we can't have that now, can we? So I sat down to make her a new set of cards as soon as I had a chance.

Set of clean and simple cards featuring washi tape and the Just Sayin' stamp set.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Just Sayin'
Paper: 110-lb white card stock (Recollections)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Word Bubbles Framelits dies, Retro Fresh washi tape, yellow chevron washi tape (unknown), Avocado washi tape (We R Memory Keepers), silver sequin trim, glue dots, Dimensionals

This friend doesn't do a lot of crafting herself, but she fell in love with washi tape last winter when I was helping her with a little holiday project, so I knew I needed to use plenty of washi tape on my card set. And when I came across a Halloween card designed by another Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I knew that would be the perfect layout. The full set includes eight cards, two of each design pictured.

I didn't measure the washi tape as I was tearing pieces, so the background for each card is just a little different. For the focal images I used the Just Sayin' stamp set and Word Bubbles Framelits dies, and I added three silver sequins to each card for a simple embellishment. To dress up the envelopes I placed a strip of the yellow washi tape along the bottom of each envelope. I even made a box and tag out of kraft card stock (and washi tape, of course) to package the cards, but unfortunately I didn't get a picture of those.

And that's it! A quick and easy way to use washi tape to make a fun set of cards. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: