Friday, August 1, 2014

Happy blog birthday

Hip-hip-hooray! Today is my blog's third birthday. Usually when it comes to birthdays, I am of the "Where did the time go?" school of thought. But for some reason with my blog it seems like it's been a lot longer, so my reaction is more "Really? Only three years? I thought it had been four." I do remember that I tried to celebrate my blog's third birthday last year and was close to publishing the post before I caught myself and realized it was actually two years.

But today does actually mark three years of blogging for me (I've double-and triple-checked), so it seems appropriate to share a fun and festive birthday card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Big Bold Birthday,  Remembering Your Birthday (inside card, see below)
Paper: Whisper White, Regal Rose card stock; silver glimmer paper
Ink: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Decorative Dots embossing folder, Deco Labels Framelits dies, Chocolate Chip polytwill ribbon, Silver Chrome Pearl Pen (Viva Decor), action wobble spring (Raisin Boat), Dimensionals

I probably also should have mentioned that it's a girly card. And sparkly. A fun, festive, girly, sparkly birthday card. It's hard to beat that. At least I hope the eight-year-old who received this card agrees.

One of my favorite details on this card is the sprinkles on the cupcake, which I created with a Pearl Pen -- I love that extra little bit of dimension. To continue the sprinkles theme, I embossed polka dots on the card base and stamped pink and brown confetti on the background layer. But the best thing about the cupcake, which you can't see in the picture, is that it is mounted on a little spring, so it wobbles back and forth when you move the card. Adorable.

I love the inside of this card almost as much as the front. I used markers instead of an ink pad to apply ink to the greeting stamp, so I was able to highlight the words pink and sprinkles with a different color. As a finishing touch I stamped some pink and brown confetti along the top of the layer of Whisper White. It was a last-minute decision, but I think it really pulls everything together.

Whether this is the first or fiftieth post you've read on my blog, thank you for being a part of the last three years. I hope you've found something to inspire you.







As always, thanks for stopping by!



No comments: