Thursday, August 21, 2014

Cupcakes, stitches and dots

I've found that when I buy a coordinating punch and stamp set, I often end up punching the shapes out of plain card stock or patterned paper rather than punching out the stamped images. So I gave myself a little challenge to use the Cupcake Builder punch with the coordinating (retired) Create a Cupcake stamp set.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Create a Cupcake
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral card stock
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe; white gel pen
Accessories: Cupcake Builder punch, corner rounder, Note Tag punch, Large Polka Dot embossing folder, Subtles Candy Dots, Coastal Cabana ruffle trim, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

I started by stamping, punching and gluing together a whole bunch of cupcakes in various combinations of Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Chocolate Chip, Coastal Cabana and Soft Sky, but I ended up using just three of them, which was perfect since the card was for a three-year-old's birthday. I used Dimensionals to mount each cupcake on a card stock tag created with the Note Tag punch, and with a white gel pen, I created a border of faux stitches around the tags. For the center tag I also adhered a piece of Coastal Cabana ruffle trim around the back of the tag.

To make the card base I embossed the front of the card with the Large Polka Dot embossing folder. I then rounded the bottom corners and added a faux stitched border. Using Dimensionals I adhered the tags to the card. For a little embellishment I added three Calypso Coral Candy Dots.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: