Tuesday, August 5, 2014

First Christmas card

Before I get to my card, I just want to say, on the record, that I am not ready for snow. No way, no how. I am perfectly content with the summer we are having and would continue to be perfectly content if we didn't see any snowflakes until December. Or even January.

On the other hand, it's never too early for snow or snowmen of the rubber stamp variety. And this little guy makes me especially happy:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Snowman (Endless Creations)
Paper: Soft Sky card stock
Ink: Basic Gray (pad and marker), Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Pool Party, white chalk marker
Accessories: Ice White Pearl Pen (Viva Decor), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

He almost makes me wish for snow. Almost.

The stamped image includes the snowman and part of the wavy snowbank he's sitting on; I used the fine point of my Basic Gray marker to continue the line to both sides of the card.

I also used my markers to color his carrot nose, heart buttons and striped scarf. Then I carefully colored in his head and body with a white chalk marker. I like the soft look of the chalk marker, but if I make more of this card, I'll probably stamp the snowman a second time on Whisper White card stock, then cut out that image and adhere it over the one on the card base.

To finish the scene, I added a few falling snowflakes with my new Ice White Pearl Pen. I loved the clean look of this card -- it's even just one layer, which I don't do often -- so I left the front wordless. I'll stamp a sentiment inside the card before I drop it in the mail.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: