Saturday, August 9, 2014

Baby card and gift box

I attended a baptism today for one of my cousins' sons, so naturally I made a card. But since my gift was on the smaller side, I decided to make a coordinating gift box as well.

Matching gable gift box and baby card using the Fox and Friends stamp set.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Fox & Friends, Best Yet (inside card, see below)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, textured Chocolate Chip card stock
Ink: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz, Baked Brown Sugar
Accessories: Gable box, 1-3/4" circle punch, Circles Collection Framelits dies, Button Latte buttons, linen thread, Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, sponge, Dimensionals

4" x 4" baby card made with the Fox and Friends stamp set.
The card is 4" by 4". I stamped four animals from the Fox & Friends set in different colors and punched them out with the 1-3/4" circle punch. I also punched a circle out of textured Chocolate Chip card stock. For each animal circle I sponged Crumb Cake ink around the edges and added faux stitches with a Chocolate Chip marker. (I also used this process to make ten animal circles for the gift box.)

Using a ruler I found the center of the card front and marked it with a pencil. I adhered the Chocolate Chip circle in the center and then the animal circles partially over that one, placing one animal circle near each corner and making sure the edges of the circles just touched each other. I added faux stitching around the border of the card and adhered a Chocolate Chip button tied with linen thread in the upper left corner.

The inside of the baby card: "a little something for a little someone."
I wanted to continue the circle theme inside the card, so I used one of the Circles Collection Framelits dies to cut a circle about 3-1/2" in diameter. Again I sponged around the edges and added faux stitching, and then I stamped the sentiment.

I forgot to take a separate picture of the gift box, but it's pretty self explanatory. I wrapped a piece of Chocolate Chip satin ribbon around the gable box and then evenly spaced and adhered the animal circles along the ribbon (two on each short side and three on the long sides). To make the gift box more elaborate, you could tie coordinating ribbon(s) on the handle and/or make another animal circle to use as a to/from tag.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: