Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Masculine vintage simplicity

This week I'm organizing a friend's stamping and scrapbooking supplies. I know that doesn't sound fun to a lot of people, but I enjoy it. It's like a big warm fuzzy for my left brain. I've got a ways to go, though, so today I have just a quick blog post featuring a clean and simple masculine card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Feeling Sentimental, Lovely Little Labels
Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic Black card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Linen thread, Vintage Trinkets, Jewelry Tag punch, sponge, Dimensionals

I kept the supplies for this card to a minimum: two neutral colors, a few stamps and a couple of embellishments. My first step was to sponge Crumb Cake ink around the edges of the layer of Crumb Cake card stock to create an aged look. I stamped the bicycle image in Crumb Cake ink and then stamped the "Celebrate" sentiment in black so it partially overlapped the bicycle. For the top part of the card I wrapped a piece of linen thread twice around the Crumb Cake card stock and tied it in a knot. I put two small tags -- one with a stamped key image and sponged edges -- on a safety pin and pushed the pin through the knot in the thread. To add another metallic element I placed a mini button brad in the center of each wheel. Using Dimensionals I adhered the entire panel to a Basic Black card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: