Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Adventure ahead

Two weeks ago I turned in my resignation at work. I've been thinking about doing this for ages -- after nine years in childcare, I'm ready for other challenges and opportunities. I don't have another job lined up, so I'll be updating my resume, looking at job postings, maybe taking a few classes or even researching graduate school programs. Basically a full-time job without the paycheck.

But amidst all the busy-ness of discovering the meaning of life and deciding what I want to be when I grow up, I want to remember to take time to enjoy quiet moments. I may have to put this card somewhere I will see it every day:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: A Quiet Life, Pursuit of Happiness
Paper: Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla, Basic Black card stock
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi, Hello Honey, Blush Blossom, Pink Pirouette, Baked Brown Sugar
Accessories: Bashful Blue taffeta ribbon, Blender Pen, Dimensionals

I love this serene image, and I think it works perfectly with the sentiment and the clean and simple layout. I used a Blender Pen to color the image, added a Basic Black mat to make it stand out and finished the card with a simple knotted ribbon. Just looking at this card makes me feel a little calmer about all the adventures that lie ahead.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: