Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A fun flower and large polka dots

Is there such a thing as too many flowers? I'm sure some people would say yes, but they'd be hard pressed to convince me. So I today I'm going to share --surprise! -- a card with a flower. But it's just a single flower on a clean and simple layout.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Bloom for You
Paper: Naturals White, Soft Suede, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Soft Suede, Hello Honey
Accessories: Hello Honey stitched satin ribbon, Fun Flower punch, 7/8" scallop circle punch, 1/2" circle punch, Large Polka Dot embossing folder, corner rounder, gold sequin trim, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

To make the flower I stamped the image three times on Whisper White card stock: once in Soft Suede and twice in Hello Honey. I punched out the full flower and two center circles and layered them together with Dimensionals. Then I gently curled up the sides of each petal to add a little more dimension.

For the background I embossed large polka dots on a piece of Soft Suede card stock, rounded the corners  and adhered it to a Naturals White card base. I wrapped a piece of Hello Honey ribbon around the card front, attached the flower and added a few gold sequins for a little sparkle.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: