Monday, July 14, 2014

Flower Patch blooming birthday card

I think I am in love with Stampin' Up!'s new Flower Patch stamp set and coordinating Flower Fair Framelits dies. There are different sizes and styles of leaves and flowers, and since the stamps are made out of photopolymer, it is easy to layer the images. Then you can use the Framelits dies to quickly cut out the stamped flowers -- or skip the stamping and just cut the flowers out of different colors of card stock. It all makes my inner flower child pretty happy. And here is the first card I made with these fun products:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Flower Patch
Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Tangerine Tango, Poppy Parade, Crushed Curry, Baked Brown  Sugar
Accessories: Flower Fair Framelits dies, rhinestones, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I wanted a tropical feel for my card, so I chose orange, red and yellow for the flowers. Once everything was stamped I started die-cutting. Some of the pieces aren't cut exactly right because the Framelits dies shifted a bit as I was running them through the Big Shot. (That's what I get for using a too-warped cutting plate with my magnetic platform.) But it doesn't bother me too much, especially since this was my first time using the set and Framelits. And it proves that it's a handmade card, right?

I played around with the flower layout, and when I had an arrangement I liked, I used Glue Dots, Dimensionals and regular tape-style adhesive to attach the pieces to the Pool Party card base at different heights. Finally, I stamped the sentiment in the lower left corner of the card and added a little embellishment by placing a rhinestone in the center of each yellow flower as well as a few surrounding the bouquet.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: