Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Back on track

I can't believe it's already July. The first half of 2014 was pretty crazy for me, and at this point I'm not sure the second half is going to be much better. Sigh. But I need to get back on track with my crafting and blogging, so I've given myself the goal of doing two posts a week. Ideally, I hope to get back to three a week, but I want to start off with a manageable goal. So without further ado, let's get to the good stuff.

Last week a good friend asked me to make her a couple sets of hand-stamped cards. I was more than happy to oblige, and over the weekend I put together a few sample cards to see what she liked. Today I'll share the first two cards, which have a "foxy" theme.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Into the Woods (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla card stock
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango
Accessories: Arrows embossing folder, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Dimensionals

This is a very clean and simple little card, but I love, love, love this image. The embossed background adds some visual interest to the card without making it too busy.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Storybook Friends
Paper: Very Vanilla card stock; First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Dusty Durango, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Baker's twine (Hemptique), gold sequin trim, sponges, Glue Dots

For the focal image on this card I stamped the fox from Storybook Friends but omitted the sentiment at the bottom of the stamp. I added a strip of DSP, with a torn and sponged edge, along the bottom of the card and finished everything off with a few gold sequins and some baker's twine.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: