Saturday, July 12, 2014

A little birdie told me

Yesterday I received my first big Stampin' Up! order from the new catalog (yippee!), and I actually took time last night and this afternoon to create a few cards with my new goodies (double yippee!). The card I'm sharing today uses one of the new hostess sets, Hello Love.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Hello Love
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky card stock
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Soft Sky, Crushed Curry
Accessories: Cupcake Builder punch, Crushed Curry baker's twine, Summer Sun corduroy button, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

The idea for this card started forming while I was mounting the stamps, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. The card is 3-3/4" square, and the white layers on the front and inside are 3-1/4" square.

To make the clouds on the front of the card I punched out the frosting part of the Cupcake Builder punch from Whisper White and Soft Sky card stock. I layered the pieces together and adhered them to the card with Glue Dots. For the sun I pulled out a long-retired Summer Sun corduroy button, added a bow of Crushed Curry baker's twine (love how well the two yellows coordinate) and adhered it near the clouds with a Dimensional.

Now for the "punch line" ...

Cute, right? I left enough space on the inside layer to include a short handwritten message or to just sign my name.

Because this card isn't standard size, I made my own envelope for it using a piece of Soft Sky Prints Designer Series Paper and the Envelope Punch Board.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: