Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit

During the past few months life has gotten in the way of fun stuff like crafting, so I haven't been able to post on my blog as often as I would have liked. And my sister and I just found out last weekend that we need to find a new place to live by the end of May, so it doesn't look like it's going to get much better in the next couple of months. (I'm especially bummed because I went to the premier of the new Stampin' Up! catalog last night, and I won't even be able to preorder any new goodies. Well I could, but I'd just have to pack them up as soon as I got them. Boo.) I do have one more card to share after today's post, but that's all I have at this point. I'm hoping I'll be able to make a card or two in between packing up boxes, but just know that I'm still around and probably wishing I were stamping!

Anyway, on with the show. I've had the Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit from Stampin' Up! sitting on one of my craft shelves, taunting me, for weeks. I finally had a chance to sit down and make the cards, and it was really fun. The kit comes with a three-piece greeting stamp set, a clear block, twenty printed kraft note cards and envelopes, Basic Gray ink, card stock stickers, clips, Whisper White Baker's twine and Dimensionals -- everything you need to sit down and whip up twenty cute cards. I wanted to add a little something to my cards -- including a little bling -- so I also used some additional supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Yippee-Skippee!, Just Sayin'
Card stock:  Whisper White, Very Vanilla (for layers inside the cards)
Ink: Calypso Coral pad and marker, Baked Brown Sugar marker, Basic Gray marker
Accessories: Small heart punch, Bitty Banner punch, Merry Minis punch pack, gold sequin trim, Calypso Coral baker's twine, gold baker's twine, Glue Dots, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Embossing Buddy

Altogether I used ten different sentiments: the three that came in the kit and seven others. I made two cards using each greeting, and no two cards are exactly alike. I think I'm going to divide the cards into two sets, so each set has one card with each greeting. And I might just keep one of the sets for myself.

The card kit also comes with a color instruction sheet that illustrates each of the card layouts Stampin' Up! designed. I used the instructions as a starting point for several of my cards, so I could get ideas for how to layer the different elements.

I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig tool to help stamp the greetings straight. Another useful tool was the Embossing Buddy, which I used to lightly dust the back of the stickers that I adhered to the card with Dimensionals.

I used Calypso Coral, Baked Brown Sugar and Basic Gray markers to apply ink to the greeting stamps so I could have multicolored sentiments.

After finishing all the cards, I still had two partial sheets of stickers and the white baker's twine left (since I used different twine). And about one-third of the sheet of Dimensionals, which surprised me since I go through Dimensionals like they're water. That's plenty of supplies to make several more cards using my own card bases - hip hip hooray!

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: