Monday, April 14, 2014

A tisket, a tasket

A-tisket, a-tasket / A green and yellow basket ... Okay, the basket on my card isn't green and yellow, but that little poem runs through my head whenever I look at this card:

Blue card with large Easter basket shape cut from card stock and embossed. Basket is filled with stamped and cut-out Easter eggs and chocolate bunny.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Chocolate Bunny, Easter Blossoms
Card stock: Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral
Ink: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral
Accessories: Baja Breeze 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Square Lattice embossing folder, Ovals Collection Framelits dies, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Dimensionals

To make the basket, I embossed a piece of Crumb Cake card stock with the Square Lattice embossing folder and then rounded the two bottom corners. I adhered a strip of plain card stock along the top of the basket, wrapped a piece of ribbon around it and tied a bow.

To make the handle I used two consecutive sizes of the Ovals Collection Framelits dies to create an oval frame. I cut the frame in half and adhered the ends to the back of the basket.

You can't have an Easter basket without some treats, right? So to fill the basket I stamped and cut out a chocolate bunny and several eggs.

Come back later this week to see a few more Easter cards. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: