Friday, April 18, 2014

A few more Easter cards

I didn't make too many Easter cards this year, just enough for a few family members and friends. (And of course, I put them in the mail earlier this week with messages along the lines of "I hope you're enjoying our warmer weather" and "Spring is finally here!" And then our temperature promptly dropped below freezing and we had an April snowstorm. Figures.) I shared my Easter basket card earlier this week (April 14, 2014), so today I want to share the other cards I designed.

Rust-colored card with scalloped green strip across the middle. Mushrooms stamped along the bottom and "Happy Easter" in the middle. Focal image is a bunny in an egg shell stamped on a white rectangle and colored in.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Everybunny, Easter Blossoms
Card stock: Really Rust, Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Really Rust
Accessories: Watercolor pencils, Blender Pen, Scallop Edge Border punch, corner rounder, cream organdy ribbon (unknown), Dimensionals

The starting point for this card was the focal image. I stamped the image with Tuxedo Black ink, colored it with watercolor pencils and used a Blender Pen to soften the pencil lines.

From there I chose the coordinating card stock colors: Really Rust for the card base and an accent of Kiwi Kiss. I know they aren't your traditional Easter or spring colors, and I was a little leery about the combo, but they grew on me.

To finish the card, I stamped a sentiment in the middle of the card and a border of mushrooms along the bottom of the card and then added a ribbon and bow.

Kraft card stamped with mushrooms and flowers with Easter egg blooms. Focal layer stamped with two bunnies and "Happy Easter everybunny" greeting.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Everybunny
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Crumb Cake
Accessories: Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pen, Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon, corner rounder, slot punch, pearls, Dimensionals

I love the adorable bunnies in the Everybunny stamp set; I just wish I could do them justice with better coloring skills. I used the same method for the focal image as the previous card: stamp, color with watercolor pencils, apply Blender Pen. To add the ribbon I punched a slot in the right side of the focal layer and pulled one end of the ribbon through the slot. A few simple pearls are the finishing touch.

Pale Plum card stamped with flowering branches in the background. Focal image is a silhouette image of a girl collecting Easter eggs. Brown ribbon and "Happy Easter" greeting.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Easter Blossoms
Card stock: Pale Plum, Very Vanilla
Ink: Pale Plum, Soft Suede
Accessories: Deco Labels Framelits dies, Soft Suede taffeta ribbon, pearls, Dimensionals, sponge

These two images -- the flowering branch and the little girl silhouette -- are my two favorite from the Easter Blossoms set. And together they make an adorable and quick card.

I stamped the branch four times on the Pale Plum card base and the silhouette on Very Vanilla card stock. I die cut the focal image and sponged the edges with Pal Plum ink. I used Dimensionals to adhere the focal image over the ribbon, added a few pearls (including one on the focal image) and stamped the sentiment.

I hope you have a very "hoppy" Easter. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: