Sunday, October 6, 2013

Late on two counts

Happy (belated) World Card Making Day! I had good intentions of spending some time in my craft room yesterday to make cards, but with the whirlwind of October underway my crafting time was not meant to be. I did manage to find some card-making time this afternoon, though, and it seems fitting that the card I needed to make was a belated 85th birthday card for my great uncle.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Background Sampler, Distressed Dots, Basic Label
Paper: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Old Olive cardstock; silver glimmer paper
Ink: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Old Olive
Accessories: Petite Pennants Builder punch; Apothecary Accents Framelits dies; Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack; corner rounder; Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Old Olive 1/8" taffeta ribbon; Candy Dots - Brights; Mono Multi liquid glue; Dimensionals

I have been using the Petite Pennants Builder punch a lot lately (see "Simple, serene note cards" and "Card variations"), but this time I used it to make party hats. I stamped three different background patterns on Real Red, Bermuda Bay and Old Olive cardstock and then punched a triangle pennant from each one. To make them look like hats, I added a piece of coordinating 1/8" taffeta ribbon along the bottom (the shortest side) and a silver scalloped circle with a Candy Dot center at the top point. Although the Candy Dots are self-adhesive, I did use a little bit of Mono Multi liquid glue to adhere them to the glimmer paper; the paper has a bit of texture, and I wanted to be sure the embellishments didn't fall off.

I used Dimensionals to adhere the hats to a Crumb Cake label shape, and I added two more Candy Dots and a little bit of ribbon to the label. I used Dimensionals to adhere the label to a layer of silver glimmer paper and then attached the whole piece to a Crumb Cake card base stamped with a polka dot background.

I hope you found some time this weekend to do whatever it is you really enjoy. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: