Wednesday, October 9, 2013

'Hoppy' Halloween

This weekend I'm going to visit one of my dear friends. She doesn't live very far away, but it's just far enough that we only manage to get together once or twice a year. Well, earlier this week my friend sent me an e-mail to ask if I could bring along supplies for her daughter to make a Halloween card. Apparently her daughter is quite a fan of my cards and was very excited about the possibility of making her own. Well, shucks. How could I say no to that? So here is the card I designed:

Halloween card with a "vampire" bunny and the greeting "hoppy halloween."
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Hoppy Halloween (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Midnight Muse, Summer Sun, Whisper White cardstock; Designer Series Paper (DSP) Patterns Stack - Brights (retired); silver glimmer paper
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Only Orange, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, Midnight Muse, Summer Sun
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds glitter glue, deckle scissors (Fiskars), Merry Minis punch pack (star), 1-3/8" circle punch, scalloped oval punch, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

I hope she likes it! I've already done a lot of the prep work -- all the stamping; punching out the stars, moon and cloud; and cutting layers -- both to simplify the card-making process and to limit the supplies I need to bring with me. I managed to get all the supplies except the scissors packed into one of the clam-shell style plastic cases in which Stampin' Up! used to package their stamp sets. That even includes the card bases and envelopes. Sweet!

I'm bringing enough supplies so my friend and I can each make a card, too. We'll be trimming the top edge of the DSP grass, coloring the images and cutting them out (with assistance if needed), painting the glitter glue on the moon and then adhering everything together.

I was already looking forward to my mini vacation, but throw in a little card-making, and it will be even better! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: