Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A pair of thank yous

I've had a busy month, so it's been a little tricky finding the time A) to stamp and B) to share my creations here on my blog. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to get back to a more "normal" schedule in November. I did, however, manage to sit down after work today and make two one-layer cards with my new stamp set Another Thank You.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Another Thank You
Cardstock: Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar
Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar
Accessories: Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, corner rounder, pearls, Mono Multi liquid glue

Several years ago I made a card similar to this one, but back then I had to look through all my stamp sets to find the different "thank you" sentiments. It was much faster this time with all the stamps in the same set. And with the clear photopolymer stamps it was easier to determine which stamp would work best to fill the spaces.

For this card I stamped the largest image first, using Baked Brown Sugar ink so it really stood out as the focal point. Then I filled in the space around it with the other images, stamping them in Pistachio Pudding to create a background. I added a little embellishment to the card by adhering a few punched flowers with pearl centers to the empty spaces inside the loops created by the letters of the main image.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Another Thank You
Cardstock: Naturals Ivory, Midnight Muse, textured Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: 5/16" neutral brads, washi tape (unknown)

My thank-you cards often have a feminine feel to them -- a lot of flowers and such -- so I've been trying to make an effort to create more masculine thank yous. For this card I stamped one of the larger "thank you" sentiments on the bottom right quadrant of the card base. I added a piece of washi tape and a strip of textured Chocolate Chip cardstock below the sentiment. To pull out the blue in the washi tape, I adhered a piece of Midnight Muse cardstock to the left of the sentiment. I wanted to include some embellishment, so I added three simple Chocolate Chip brads.



Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

R said...

Nice ideas on the Thank You's! Can you send me your email or let me know how to receive your blog updates by email?