Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sending love

When I saw Stampin' Up!'s photopolymer stamp set Greetings From, I immediately loved the images. It's designed to coordinate with the set Map It Out and would make adorable scrapbook layouts for travel and adventure themes. But I don't do a lot of scrapbooking, and when I do, I find that I rarely use stamps in my scrapbooks. So I have other ideas for this stamp set, and here is the first one:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Greetings From, Gorgeous Grunge, Lovely Little Labels
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Crumb Cake
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Old Olive, Marina Mist, Real Red
Accessories: 1-1/4" square punch, 7/8" scallop circle punch, Dimensionals

This card didn't turn out exactly as I imagined. I had wanted to use the 1" square punch to punch out the stamped images and then mat them with postage stamp punches, creating a little play on the word "sending." But it turned out the car image was too long, so I had to change it up a little.

To create the backgrounds for the images, I used one of the splatter-type images from the Gorgeous Grunge set. I inked the rubber, stamped it on scratch paper and then stamped it on the Whisper White cardstock. This makes the background light enough that you can still easily see the focal images. I used another stamp from the Gorgeous Grunge set to add a little visual interest on the Crumb Cake card base. The streaky lines remind me of tire tracks, which seemed appropriate for this card.

This card is going in my box of cards to be sent to Operation Write Home (OWH). I actually had OWH in mind as I made the card -- if I were so far away from my friends and family, I know I would want to send them all the love I could. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Amanda Sevall said...

This is so cute!! Love it!! :)