Sunday, June 9, 2013

How sweet!

I've had a busy, crafty weekend! I got a lot done, but I don't really have a lot to show for it -- yet. Today I finally reorganized all my Stampin Up!® ink pads and card stock to reflect the recent color changes. With just a few exceptions, I always keep my ink pads and card stock when a color retires -- I have two full Color Caddies with extenders and three file boxes filled with 8-1/2" x 11" card stock -- so reorganizing everything is quite a project. (I'll tackle the markers later this week after my order arrives on Tuesday.) And yesterday I started my new This and That journal, which I decided to call "Sum[me]r 2013." It's a random collection of things I love, read, do, etc., this summer. I have a few pages done, and I'll share them this week. But today I wanted to write one more post about the craft retreat last weekend.

This is the third craft retreat/girls' weekend I've organized. They're a lot of fun, but also a fair amount of work. I have to find a place, choose a date, invite people, collect money, plan meals, etc. (This year was probably the easiest one to plan because we already had an established group, and we went to the same place as last year, The Meadows Craft Retreat.) Every year I tell myself that I'm not going to plan another retreat, and every year everyone says how much fun they had and asks when we're going to do it again.

Well, last Saturday as everyone was gathered together for dinner, I was surprised with a gift and card from the whole group to thank me for organizing the retreats. How sweet -- and completely unexpected!

Images ©2013 Stampin' Up!®
My friend Lisa made the card (with the Happy Moments set, which I used for the cards in my post yesterday). Isn't it adorable? I love the combination of flowers and stripes and the piece of floral trim. The best part, though, is that everyone wrote a little note and signed the card inside. I'm not sure how Lisa managed to get that done right under my nose! I guess I need to be a little more observant.





 These are all the goodies I got in my gift bag: lotions and shower gels, chocolate, grapefruit gummies, tea, lip balm, puzzle book, mini file folder and jumbo paper clips (future craft projects!), owl key chain with the most hysterical electronic hooting sound and blue light-up eyes, and six Lego minifigures. I love everything! I will admit that when my aunt Terry arrived at the retreat last week, I did see her covertly give Lisa something wrapped up in a plastic bag, and at the time I wondered what that was all about. But in the chaos of getting cars unpacked and then heading to the grocery store, I forgot all about it. Even if I had remembered, I wouldn't have expected anything like this. It's an awesome feeling to know that other people recognize and appreciate my efforts.

I haven't decided whether I will plan another retreat next year. I guess we'll have to just wait and see. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: