Saturday, June 8, 2013

Happy Moments cards

I have a lot of stamp sets. A lot. But there are many more I don't have, and it's always fun to have a chance to make something with a different stamp set. While I was on the craft retreat last weekend, my friend Lisa had brought one such set, Happy Moments. So after I finished the projects I planned to do, I borrowed her stamp set to make two cards.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Happy Moments, Sweet Essentials
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black card stock; Brights Collection Designer Series Paper (DSP) Patterns Stack
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Old Olive
Accessories: 2-1/2" circle punch, Elegant Butterfly punch, pearls, paper-piercing tool and mat, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Dimensionals

For the background of this card I used three pieces of patterned paper (Regal Rose, Old Olive and Melon Mambo) from the Brights Collection DSP Patterns Stack and adhered them to a Basic Black card base. I stamped and colored the flower image on Whisper White card stock, punched it out with a circle punch and pierced a border around the edge of the circle.

On the bottom panel of DSP, I added a narrow banner of a contrasting DSP. I stamped a sentiment on a Whisper White banner and used Dimensionals to adhere that banner over the first one. For final details, I added a punched butterfly with pearls for the body and a pearl on either side of the greeting.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Happy Moments
Card stock: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Sycamore Street ribbon and buttons pack, pearls, white crochet thread (DMC), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

This clean and simple card is pretty self-explanatory. The one detail that is hard to see in the photo is that I added a little pearl to the center of each flower on the birthday cake image. For the other embellishments, I used two strips of ribbon along the card base and added a button tied with crochet thread to the right side of the focal panel.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: