Friday, June 7, 2013

DSP sampler cards

When I went on my craft retreat last weekend, I brought two packs of Stampin' Up!® Designer Series Paper (DSP) with me: Summer Smooches and the Brights Collection DSP Patterns Stack. I decided to make two cards -- one for each DSP pack -- that highlighted these fun patterned papers, sort of like little samplers.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Summer Smooches DSP
Accessories: Postage Stamp punch, Brights Collection Designer Buttons, Island Indigo ribbon (from Sycamore Street ribbon and buttons pack), white crochet thread (DMC), paper-piercing tool and mat, Dimensionals

I used the Postage Stamp punch to punch one square from each of the twelve prints in the Summer Smooches DSP pack. I adhered them to a piece of Whisper White card stock in an arrangement of four rows and three columns and then trimmed off the extra card stock right along the edges of the punched shapes. To mimic the look of a perforated sheet of stamps, I pierced holes in the empty circles that were created between the punched pieces. I wrapped a ribbon around the panel, added a button and used Dimensionals to adhere the piece to a Whisper White card base.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Sweet Essentials
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black card stock; DSP Patterns Stack - Brights Collection
Ink: Jet Black StazOn
Accessories: Bitty Butterfly punch, rhinestones, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Mono Multi liquid glue, Glue Dots

First off, if you notice any faint splotches on this white card base, please ignore them. I put the finished card too close to my stamp cleaning pad, and it was accidentally sprayed while someone was cleaning their stamps. Bummer. But on the positive side, a couple of people told me it just looked like confetti-type card stock.

I didn't use all the patterns in the DSP stack for this card; instead I punched one butterfly in each color from either the polka dot or stripe pattern. I also punched ten butterflies from Basic Black card stock, which, once I had an arrangement I liked, I adhered to the card base. I placed one Glue Dot in the center of each patterned butterfly and then adhered them to the Basic Black butterflies, slightly lower and to the right. I added rhinestones for the butterflies' bodies, gently pulled the wings up to add a little dimension and stamped the word "friends" in the lower right corner of the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: