Saturday, June 15, 2013

Flower Shop cards

This week I received my Stampin' Up!® order with goodies from the new 2013 - 2014 Annual Catalog (yippee!), including the Flower Shop stamp set and the coordinating Pansy punch. I'm a sucker for just about anything floral, so I knew as soon as I saw them that both of these items would be on my first order. I had a crafty morning today and created three cards with this fun pair.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Flower Shop, Sweet Essentials
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate
Accessories: Pansy punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, rhinestones, Gingham Garden washi tape, paper-piercing tool and mat, Essentials paper-piercing pack, Dimensionals

I love the cheery feeling of this card. The bright colors, flower and gingham washi tape make me think of a sunny day in the country. To make the center of the flower, I punched two small scalloped circles (from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack) and adhered one to the flower. I snipped between the scallops on the second punch, adhered it to the first circle, added a rhinestone in the middle and gently curved it up.


Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Flower Shop, Lovely Little Labels
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo
Accessories: Pansy punch, Little Labels punch pack, rhinestones, Gingham Garden washi tape, Dimensionals

I used the yellow gingham washi tape again on this card, but I also added strips of the other two tapes in the Gingham Garden pack. I stamped and punched out three flowers and adhered them over the washi tape at different levels: The Daffodil Delight flower is directly on the card, the Melon Mambo flower is adhered with one layer of Dimensionals, and the Island Indigo flower is adhered with a double layer of Dimensionals. To finish the card I added a small sentiment and a few rhinestones.

One of my stamping goals this weekend -- besides trying out my new toys -- is to start thinking about what cards I want to make for my Convention swaps. (At Stampin' Up! events, demonstrators bring cards or other items they've created to trade with each other. It's a fun way to see products you might not have and to get ideas for layouts, color combos, etc.) These two cards are possibilities because they are simple enough to mass produce -- and by "mass," I mean maybe ten or twenty; I'll probably bring only about sixty swaps to Convention, not the hundreds that some demos make -- and they have a few embellishments and new products.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Flower Shop, Sweet Essentials
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla cardstock; Natural Composition Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Windows Collection Framelits dies, Pansy punch, Modern Mosaic embossing folder, pearls, paper-piercing tool and mat, Festive paper-piercing pack, Aquapainter, Dimensionals

There are a couple of details about the flower on this card that are hard to see in the photo. First, after I stamped the image in Elegant Eggplant ink, I used an Aquapainter to lightly pull some ink from the center of the flower toward the edges of the petals. So the whole flower is a subtle purple. Second, I also stamped the flower on Elegant Eggplant cardstock and punched it out. I placed that flower behind and slightly offset from the Very Vanilla flower to look like a shadow.

Come back tomorrow to see a few cards made with one of the new hostess sets, Postage Collection. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: