Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring flowers

It's hard for me to believe, but this is my 300th blog post. Thanks for being a part of my blogging adventure!

Easter seemed to sneak up on me this year, and I didn't have a chance to make and send any Easter cards. So instead I decided to make a few spring cards to send to my friends and family. (Because spring is coming. Sometime. Even though it snowed yesterday. Sigh.) I used one of my all-time favorite Stampin' Up!® floral sets: Spring Garden. With the watercolor-like images, it is amazingly quick and easy to stamp a beautiful card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Spring Garden
Card stock: Almost Amethyst, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla, vellum
Ink: Almost Amethyst, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Elegant Butterfly punch, Bitty Butterfly punch, rhinestones, Dazzling Details, Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals, Glue Dots

I made multiples of both of my spring cards -- four cards of each design -- so I used simple color palettes and layouts. To create the illusion of depth on the focal panel of this card, I stamped a stalk of flowers and then stamped it again without re-inking the stamp. I kept the embellishments simple: a layered butterfly with rhinestone accents and a piece of Almost Amethyst ribbon from the Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals set. I also applied a touch of Dazzling Details to the two stalks of darker flowers on the left side of the card for an extra little glimmer.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Spring Garden
Card stock: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Very Vanilla
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, Pear Pizzazz stitched poly ribbon, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

For my second design I used the tulip image from the set. My favorite color combination for this stamp is Old Olive stems and Real Red flowers on a Crumb Cake card base. But I wanted a lighter look for spring, so I used Pretty in Pink for the flowers and Pear Pizzazz for the stems. I added three embossed butterflies and a piece of Pear Pizzazz ribbon.

Stamped flowers are great, but I can't wait to see some real ones blooming. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: