Thursday, April 18, 2013

Designer Typeset card set

We're having a crazy April snowstorm today, and with all the white I have to look at outside, I thought I would share something bright and colorful on my blog. So here is a set of cards I made with Stampin' Up!®'s Designer Typeset photopolymer stamp set.


Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Designer Typeset
Paper: Kraft note card set (Paper Reflections), Very Vanilla card stock; Brights Collection Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack, First Edition Specialty DSP
Ink: Jet Black StazOn
Accessories: Pacific Point stitched grosgrain ribbon, Basic Black 1/8" tafetta ribbon, Dimensionals

Aren't they fun? I started with a set of Kraft note cards and envelopes I've had for ages. The note cards are 4" x 5-1/2", so for the background I cut several 3-3/4" strips of DSP in various widths (using up quite a few scraps in the process!). I used mainly the Brights Collection DSP Stack, but I also added in pieces of First Edition Specialty DSP, Pacific Point stitched grosgrain ribbon and Basic Black 1/8" taffeta ribbon. I randomly adhered the strips to cover the card bases.

The set includes six cards, so I decided to make two cards each of three different sentiments. I stamped the speech bubble on Very Vanilla card stock and then spelled out the sentiments. When I use alphabet stamps to spell out words, I often purposely stamp the letters so they are uneven -- it's much easier to hide imperfections that way than to try lining them up. That's what I did for "hey there" and "what's up." (Speaking of "what's up," I had thought there was a question mark in the stamp set, but when I finished stamping the letters I realized there wasn't. Bummer. So I added an arrow instead. The lack of the apostrophe also grates on my editor nerves, but I'm letting it go.) But with the clear photopolymer stamps, it was easy to line up the letters, so I decided to stamp "hello" in a straight line. I like the mix of the two styles.

To finish the cards, I just added a layer of Very Vanilla card stock on the inside for writing. Now I have one more card set done -- little by little, I'm rebuilding my stash. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: