Monday, April 22, 2013

My first MDS creation

I have been thinking about getting My Digital Studio (MDS), Stampin' Up!®'s software for digital scrapbooking and card-making, for several months. But for various reasons it never made the final cut on any of my orders. Well, last month Stampin' Up! lowered the price of MDS to just $19.95 (U.S.), and I couldn't pass it up any longer. Over the weekend I installed the software on my computer and then stayed up way, way too late playing around with my new toy. Here is my first card:

Birthday card created using MDS. Large flower-shaped punch filled with floral pattern.
Created by Andrea Borries. Images © 2013 Stampin' Up!

What do you think? It's actually not a full card yet; I've only finished the front of the card so far, and the inside is still blank. I know this card isn't especially fancy or intricate, but it was fun watching it come together. I still have a lot to learn about all the tools, techniques, tips and tricks of the software, but I can definitely see the benefits of using MDS to create multiple copies of the same project or to have a way to be creative when you don't have access to stamps, ink and paper. I know for me it won't replace my "real life" crafting supplies, but I can never have too many creative outlets. And now I can start perusing all the different downloads to see what templates, stamps, paper designs and other goodies I want to add to MDS!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: