Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mini valentines

With Christmas and New Year's past, it's time to start making cards for Valentine's Day! Here is the first set of valentines I made over the weekend:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Real Red
Accessories: Love Impressions rub-ons, Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon, 2-3/8" scallop circle punch, 1-3/4" circle punch, Dimensionals

These are pretty simple 3" x 3" cards. For the most part, I just used a sheet of the Love Impressions rub-ons (from last year's Occasions Mini Catalog from Stampin' Up!) - no stamps or ink! I did dress them up with a little ribbon (and a couple of punched shapes in the top right card), but that's it!

These cards probably will be sent to a few of my extended family members. I'm planning to put them in slightly bigger envelopes (about 3" x 5") so I can also tuck in a scratch-off lottery ticket or two and maybe make someone's Valentine's Day a little extra special!

This was a pretty short post, but I'm sure I'll have more Valentine's Day projects to share with you in the coming days and weeks. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: