Saturday, January 28, 2012

Clean and simple valentine

I am almost finished making my valentines this year. It's funny how I was so excited to start them after all the Christmas cards, but now I've about had my fill of hearts and frills. I think I only have one more left to make, and then it's just a matter of getting everything signed, sealed and delivered.

I realized last weekend that I needed a couple of slightly more masculine valentines to send to a couple of my great uncles. That can be hard with valentines, since the holiday is basically a red and pink bonanza. But I managed to come up with a design that is clean, simple and not too froufrou:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Easy Events
Card stock: Pool Party, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red
Ink: Early Espresso pad and marker, Riding Hood Red and Lucky Limeade markers
Accessories: 2-1/2" circle punch, 2-3/8" scalloped circle punch, Small Heart punch, striped Riding Hood Red ribbon, Simply Scored tool, Dimensionals

I left the Pool Party card base mostly plain. I did add randomly spaced score lines on the bottom portion of the card for a little bit of texture, and then I adhered the ribbon just above the score lines. I stamped and colored the image, punched it with a scallop circle punch and layered it on a slightly larger circle. The focal point is adhered over the ribbon with Dimensionals, and a little heart in the upper corner adds some interest to the right side of the card.

That's it! Very quick and simple. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: