Thursday, January 19, 2012

Festive frog

I had some time to be creative after work today and put together a "hoppy" birthday card with a festive little frog:

Dark blue card with presents stamped on the background. The focal image is a layer of yellow polka dot paper, a layer of polka dot embossed green card stock and a white layer stamped with a from wearing a birthday hat. A banner is stamped with "happy birthday wishes."
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Turtle & Co.
Paper: Designer Series Paper (DSP) Patterns Stack - Brights Collection (Daffodil Delight); card stock: Whisper White, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Island Indigo; markers: Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo
Accessories: Labels Collection Framelits dies, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, In Color Designer Printed Brads, Dimensionals

For the background I repeatedly stamped the presents image on an Island Indigo card base. In the middle of the card I adhered a piece of polka dot Daffodil Delight DSP cut with the third largest Labels Framelits die. Then I glued a piece of ruffled ribbon along the middle of the card. I used the third smallest Labels Framelits die to cut a piece of Lucky Limeade card stock, and then I embossed the label shape with polka dots and used Dimensionals to adhere it over the ribbon.

For the focal image, I stamped the frog and hat on Whisper White card stock, colored it and cut it out with the smallest Labels Framelits die. To create the "flag," I first applied Island Indigo ink to just a portion of the greeting and stamped it on a strip of Whisper White card stock. Then I trimmed the right end of the strip into a V and glued the left end to the back of the frog image. I adhered the frog to the layered labels and glued the right end of the greeting flag to the card base so that the flag curves up just a bit instead of lying flat. A brad in the lower left corner is the finishing touch.

I love this fun, bright color combination, and this happy frog with his party hat just makes me smile. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: