Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hearts and flowers

I had some stamping time last night and this afternoon, so I have a few cards to share. I've still been focused on valentines, with a birthday card thrown in here and there for good measure. Of course that means there are plenty of hearts and flowers:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Easy Events
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, Poppy Parade
Ink: Early Espresso pad and marker, Poppy Parade and Lucky Limeade markers
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Small Heart punch, Lace Ribbon Border punch, Labels Collection Framelits dies, 1/8" Lucky Limeade organdy ribbon, Dazzling Details, Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I used my new Framelits dies with this card -- the second smallest die for the Very Vanilla piece and the third smallest for the Poppy Parade mat. I love that with the Framelits you can see exacltly where you are cutting so you can easily cut out stamped images (although I still managed to end up with this one a bit crooked).

For the accent along the middle of the card, I punched a strip of Lucky Limeade card stock with the Lace Ribbon Border punch. I wove the ribbon through the holes in the punched piece of card stock and around the card front and then tied a bow in the front. To make sure the punched strip stayed secure I also put dots of Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the back.

For a little sparkle, I added Dazzling Details to the punched heart in the corner and also the heart on the tree. I like that this card doesn't look too valentine-y (that's the technical term); it could be a get well, thinking of you, miss you or anniversary card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Easy Events
Card stock: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Cherry Blossom Embosslits die, Jewelry Tag punch, Bird Builder punch, 5/16" Neutrals brads, Blushing Bride stitched-poly ribbon, white baker's twine, paper piercer, mat pack, Dimensionals

For the "birthday wishes" tags on this card I used the sentiments from two different stamps in the Easy Events set: "happy birthday" and "wedding wishes." I applied ink only to the word I wanted then stamped it on Whisper White card stock and punched it out. One little tip: Because the jewelry tags are small, I've found that it's easier to make holes in the ends of the tags with a paper piercer than a hole punch.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Filled with Love, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade, Lucky Limeade
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral
Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Small Heart punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, 1/16" hole punch, 1/8" Lucky Limeade and Calypso Coral organdy ribbon, Basic Pearls, Stamp-a-Ma-Jig, Dimensionals

When I stamped the flower stems for this card, I used the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig tool to line them up (mostly) evenly. I covered the hearts at the top of the stamped images with an alternating pattern of punched hearts and flowers. And naturally the flowers needed little pearl centers.

To make the ribbon ruffle at the bottom of the focal piece, I applied a strip of adhesive on the back of the card stock along the bottom edge. Then I started at one end of the adhesive strip and pressed down the ribbon, making little loops as I moved to the other side. I used Dimensionals to adhere the whole piece to the card. I'd never tried this technique before, but I think it worked well with the width and thinness of this ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: