Thursday, October 13, 2011

They say it's my birthday!

Happy birthday to me.
Happy birthday to me.
Happy birthday to me-e.
Happy birthday to me.

Today is my birthday. Thirty-six. I feel like I'm getting old. I had to renew my driver's license this year and I realized that the next time I renew it will be when I turn forty. Egad.

On to happier thoughts ... The toddlers in my class (with the help of another teacher) made me this adorable sign for my birthday. They put it up on one of our classroom doors late Tuesday afternoon, so I found it when I came in yesterday. (I took this pic at home; sorry the contrast between the cream paint and the top of the cupcake isn't great. I just had to bring the sign home so I could enjoy it on my actual birthday.) I got some homemade M&M cookies, too. Yum!

I don't have anything exciting planned for my birthday. I have belly dance class tonight (yay!), so I don't really have time to go out for dinner. My parents and brother are coming over after class with cake and ice cream, though, so I'll get a little treat.

I did take today, tomorrow and Monday off work to "celebrate." No big plans -- unless you count stamping, reading, watching TV and lying around on the couch big plans -- but that's fine by me. There are plenty of productive things I should be doing, but who really wants to be productive on her birthday?

Have a great day!

No comments: