Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Halloween cards are done!

This weekend I finally finished my Halloween cards, so I thought I would share the last batches of cards.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Spooky Bingo Bits
Paper: Too Cute to Spook - Full Moon patterned paper (Bella Blvd), Whisper White, Basic Black, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Peach Parfait, Kiwi Kiss, Wild Wasabi, Going Gray, Crushed Curry, Pool Party
Ink: Jet Black StazOn®, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Peach Parfait, Kiwi Kiss, Wild Wasabi, Going Gray, Crushed Curry, Pool Party
Accessories: Black and white fibers (On the Surface), 1-1/4" circle punch, 1-3/8" circle punch, 1-3/8" square punch, Stampin' Dimensionals®

I think this set of cards was my favorite. They're a fairly simple layout, but I think it works here. I love this patterned paper, so I wanted it to be visible on the cards. And I like how the punched circles matted on black squares coordinate with the polka dots. I probably wouldn't have put these colors together myself and thought of Halloween, but I think they work!

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Too Cute to Spook and Best Witches (Unity Stamp Co.)
Paper: Too Cute to Spook - The Boo Crew  patterned paper (Bella Blvd), Whisper White, Basic Black, Perfect Plum, Peach Parfait, Kiwi Kiss, Wild Wasabi, Crushed Curry, Pool Party
Ink: Jet Black StazOn; Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Peach Parfait, Kiwi Kiss, Wild Wasabi, Crushed Curry, Pool Party and Blush Blossom markers
Accessories: Black fibers (On the Surface), Basic Black 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Ticket Corner punch, Dazzling Details, Rock Diamond Stickles (Ranger), black rhinestones (EK Success), google eyes (Inkadinkadoo), Stampin' Dimensionals

This patterned paper is from the same line as the polka dots, and I think it's adorable. I had purchased the stamp sets at the Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo a few weeks ago, so I was excited to run across these coordinating papers in Archiver's. I used a large piece of the paper on each card and then a layered focal image stamped with either the monster or the witch. Some fibers and a bit of a sparkle here and there, and that's it! These cards also have a pretty basic layout, although they took a bit longer because of the coloring.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Spooky Bingo Bits
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Blue Bayou, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, Crushed Curry
Ink: Jet Black StazOn
Accessories: 1-1/4" circle punch, Bitty Bat punch, Cupcake Builder punch, and Jack o' Lantern layering punch (EK Success),  Spooky Fence die (Amuse Studio), Stampin' Dimensionals

I made two cards with this design. They were quick -- minimal stamping, mainly just punch, glue and go! The jack-o'-lantern is a three-step layering punch, so by punching the layers in different colors, I made the jack-o'-lantern look as if it is lit up. The moon, clouds, bats and fence finish off this not-too-spooky scene.

Well, now that my cards are done, I just have to send them off. (I often forget that the work isn't done just because all the cards are made ...). Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: